Do you want to do something satisfying and serve your university and community? Then become a Congress Volunteer! Congress 2018 is recruiting more than 500 volunteers.
As a volunteer, you will play a vital part in the success of this landmark national academic event. Your knowledge of our campus and city make you an expert in your role: to provide the best experience possible for our guests. Plus, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at Canada’s largest gathering of scholars.
Join us and make a difference in creating a genuine Saskatchewan experience. Register today! (now closed)
Choose a volunteer team position that interests you!
- Clean-up Team – help keep campus in its pristine condition
- Computer Lab Monitor Team – help attendees in computer labs, monitor the space and act as a cashier for printing
- Event Team – help with all Congress events inducing: ushering attendees, filling seats, coat check, distributing name badges, and event set-up
- Food Services Team – help fulfill and deliver catering orders across campus
- Info Kiosk Team - provide directions and information to attendees on sessions, campus facilities, and general Regina tourism information
- Mobile Team – help out all areas in high need times
- Session and Signage Installation Team – help with daily room set up and signage installation around campus
- Tech Team - help with audio/visual issues that may crop up from time to time
- Wayfinding Team - help attendees navigate their way around campus and venues by providing directions.
Welcome Team – help welcome attendees to the city and campus, answering basic questions around transportation and providing directions.
You will receive an email notification in April alerting you once volunteer team positions and shift times are available for selection.
Enjoy special volunteer benefits including:
- Volunteer Handbook – Find everything you need to know in one easy and portable spot.
- Volunteer Tree – Know that you helped create a legacy: A tree will be planted in recognition of all Congress Volunteers to thank you for making a difference!
- An official Congress 2018 t-shirt to wear while you volunteer.
- Outstanding Food - All volunteers working more than four hours will be treated to lunch each day in the Volunteer Hub.
- A chance to win an IPad or Galaxy note when you refer more than three friends to volunteer (for at least eight hours each).
Requirements to volunteer:
- A minimum contribution of eight hours of volunteer service is required.
- The official Congress Volunteer t-shirt must be worn during service hours.
Completion of the Congress Volunteer registration form.
Register now! (now closed)
To register, please click on the link above. You will be directed to the Congress Volunteer registration form on InItLive.com to create a Congress Volunteer profile and answer a few brief questions. You will receive an email notification in April alerting you once volunteer team positions and shift times are available for selection. We will use both email and our volunteer application, InitLive, to communicate with you. Please download the InItLive Application.
For more information, contact:
Congress 2018 Volunteer Coordinator