Child care services for children 18 months ‐ 12 years old are available to all registered Congress attendees. Two child care programs are offered, as described below, and will operate from 7:45 to 17:15 each day of Congress from May 26 to June 1.
These programs are hosted at the University of Regina’s Center for Kinesiology and Sport and Awasis Child Care. Fees include lunch, morning snack, and afternoon snack. Special diets and allergies can be accommodated with advance notice.
Congress attendees who require child care services must register their children before April 27, 2018. Drop-in child care services are not available during Congress 2018. Once registered, you will be emailed with further information, including drop off times and locations. Please note that attendees are required to remain on campus while their children are being minded.
Child minding (18 months to 4 years)
Our program is inquiry and play-based. Inquiry capitalizes on children’s natural curiosities and desire to make sense of the world. The child minding program is hosted by Awasis Child Care.
Ratio: 1:5 children (18-31 months) or 1:10 children (31 months-4 years)
Day camp (4 to 12 years)
Summer Sports School welcomes children to a day camp that is renowned for its high-quality instruction and experienced, caring camp staff. Our day camp offers almost limitless options to campers. Sport, creative, educational and swimming activities are offered. The day camp program is hosted by the University of Regina’s Centre for Kinesiology and Sport. Veteran staff include previous year’s instructors, university students, and Cougar Athletes.
Ratio: 1:10 children
To withdraw or transfer a 10% fee applies. No refunds or transfers are offered after April 27, 2018.
Child minding – please contact Lorrie Giesbrecht (306-585-4888)
Day camp – please contact Alison Fisher (306-585-4927)
- Go to www.uregina.ca/recservices and choose the Register Online button.
- If you have registered before, click the Sign in button and skip to Step 5. If this is your first time registering for a program, choose Create an Account.
Complete the necessary contact information – be sure to include a cell phone number where the program can reach you if needed.
Important: Please review all of your account information for accuracy and update any incorrect information! If you would like to receive messages via text, you must enter your cell phone number, your carrier and check the allow box!
- Add children to your account by completing the necessary information.
- Click on the Home button of the menu to search for programs.
- Use the Search function to find Congress child minding and day camp. You can search by entering ‘congress’ in the blank text box to see both programs on all dates.
From the program list, select the desired program and click Add to Cart. Each day is considered a separate program, so ensure that you add each day that you require child care to your cart.
- Select the name of the child you are registering from the Select the Family Member to Enroll drop down box. If the person isn’t listed, click on the Create a new Family Member to add them
- Click Next. Complete any additional questions as presented.
- Review the fees and click Proceed to Shopping Cart; or click Add to Cart & Continue Shopping for additional dates or participants, then repeat steps 5-7.
- Review and confirm your shopping cart items and click Proceed to Checkout.
- Read any required waivers and click the box(es) to agree, then click Next.
- Complete the payment information fields and click Pay and Finish. Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will appear onscreen. Remember, you can always review and print your receipt at any time by logging into your account!