The largest showcase of academic books in Canada
What if you could connect with leading community partners, discover remarkable literary works, and network with the best and brightest scholarly minds from across the country and beyond, all at one remarkable event? It’s all possible at the Congress Expo, at the 87th annual Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences! Join up 7,000 attendees and visit over 50 exhibitor booths from May 26 to June 1, 2018 at University of Regina.
Located in the Congress Hub, Expo will be housed in the Centre for Kinesiology. It will be a hub of activity with a dynamic events space hosting thought-provoking discussions, career presentations, book launches and book signings. Visit the Calendar of Events for more details.
Whether you are attending your association’s conference or are a member of the Regina community, all attendees have access to the Congress Expo, free of charge. Don’t miss this opportunity to develop your social network, add some books to your home library and purchase a Congress souvenir
If you are interested in exhibiting at Congress Expo 2018, click here.
May 26 - May 31 09:00 - 17:00
June 1 09:00 - 14:00E
- Athabasca University Press (May 26 - June 1)
- Between the Lines (May 26 - June 1)
- Broadview Press (May 26 - May 29)
- Brunswick Books (May 26 - June 1)
- Cambridge University Press (May 26 - June 1)
- Canadian Association of Learned Journals (CALJ) (May 26 - May 29)
- Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women (CRIAW) (May 30 - June 1)
- CPAC (May 30 - June 1)
- Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences (May 26 - June 1)
- Fernwood Publishing (May 26 - June 1)
- HarperCollins Canada (May 26 - June 1)
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (May 30 - June 1)
- JCharlton Publishing (May 26 - June 1)
- Literary Press Group (May 26 - May 29)
- Mawenzi House Publishers (May 26 - May 29)
- McGill-Queen's University Press (May 26 - June 1)
- McMaster Indigenous Research Institute (May 30 - June 1)
- Mosaic, an interdisciplinary critical journal (May 26 - May 29)
- Parasource Marketing & Distribution (May 26 - May 29)
- Research Impact Canada (May 26 - June 1)
- Sage Publishing (May 30 - June 1)
- SaskBooks (May 26 - June 1)
- Talonbooks / Playwrights Canada Press (May 26 - May 29)
- UBC Press (May 26 - June 1)
- University Affairs (May 26 - May 29)
- University of Alberta Press (May 26 - June 1)
- University of Calgary Press (May 26 - June 1)
- University of Manitoba Press (May 26 - June 1)
- University of Ottawa Press (May 26 - June 1)
- University of Regina Bookstore (May 26 - June 1)
- University of Regina Press (May 26 - June 1)
- University of Toronto Press & UTP Distribution (May 26 - June 1)
- U.S. University Presses (May 26 - June 1)
- Wilfried Laurier University Press (May 26 - June 1)
Expo Passport contest rules
Eligibility & participants
The Congress Expo Passport Game is open to all members of the public, Congress attendees, association conference organizers and anyone that attends Congress Expo.
Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences staff, Board members, and Federation-contractors are not eligible.
Starting at 09:00 Central Standard time on Saturday, May 26, 2018 to 14:00 Central Standard time Friday, June 1, 2018. Individuals can participate by collecting their Passport at the Congress Registration Desk or at the Federation booth both located in Congress Expo in the Centre for Kinesiology, at University of Regina. Registration to Congress is not required to receive a Passport. In order to be eligible, Passports must be submitted by the contest closing time 14:00 Central Standard time Friday, June 1, 2018.
How to participate and have a successful entry
The Passport will be attached to the Congress Essentials guide and also available for pick up at the Registration Desk and the Federation booth in Congress Expo. Individuals may visit any participating exhibitor’s booth in Congress Expo and receive a stamp on the passport from the exhibitor’s booth staff in the allocated location for that exhibitor on the Passport. You must receive at least 20 stamps (one per exhibitor) to have a successful entry. You can drop off your completed Passport at the Federation booth located in Expo. The draw will be made by Thursday, June 28, 2018 and the winners will be contacted directly via the contact information (name, organization, email address or telephone) supplied on the Passport. Individuals are restricted to one entry per person. Entries without 20 valid stamps on the form will be considered invalid and not entered into the final prize draw. In order to ensure entries are valid there will be four colours of stamps handed out to exhibitors. If you have a stamp colour for an exhibitor that is incorrect that stamp will not count towards the minimum 20 stamps required for a completed Passport.
1. One (1) of two (2) ‘Congress 2019 Packages’, each including:
- One (1) Congress registration
- Two (2) nights’ accommodations in Vancouver (at a Congress partner hotel to be determined by the Federation between June 1 and June 7 2019)
2. iPad Pro (grand prize)